Tuesday, June 9, 2009

summer

Ah, it's been such a busy past month, with no time to post! I've been hard at work on the Bluefly collection, which should be launching at the end of the month (fingers crossed that nothing else can go wrong and hold it up at this point). I think every possible production problem that could have happened has already, but every time I say that a new crisis or fabric shortage pops up. Yikes! 

It was my first hand at doing production, and it has been quite a valuable learning experience. Next time will go much more smoothly! Still, even with the frustrations, it's so nice to be able to hire someone else to make my clothes and to do it here domestically in New York so I can check up on everything and smooth out the kinks. It sure beats staying up all hours of the night trying to do everything myself!

Additionally, I have a few things currently on my Etsy page available and a dress on my website, with hopefully more to come soon! I'm ridding myself of some past samples on Etsy every now and then for ridiculously cheap, too.

Yesterday, marked one year from when I flew out to start filming the show. It's insane how fast this past year flew by! It seems like it was literally just weeks ago.
Photo by Nicholas LaClair (yes, that's Karalyn!)

16 comments:

Aiden McKenna said...

Can't wait to see it honey, I'm sure it'll all look absolutely fantastic as usual! Love you. xo

Matthew Lee Zavala said...

Looks great! Congrats. ^_^

Anonymous said...

awesome, congrats!

Colleen Clark said...

great to see you back on etsy. just posted about the fall collection here: http://nanabanana.typepad.com/nana_banana/2009/06/holy-crap-holy-crap-holy-crap-.html.

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your etsy and so glad you posted more dresses that I could drool over!! :] they're all beautiful, good luck on the last bits of production!

emmy-ray said...

beautiful, beautiful, I can't get enough of your work!

Hannah said...

oh leanne i love everything you do! i watched the entire show on youtube because i had no other way to see it!karalyn looks amazing in that colour!

the lanky dance said...

Yay! I'm so happy things are going well! I can't wait to see Yvettes dress. Hope we get to see you soon.

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

Your work is gorgeous! Everything you make is so beautiful and original. The blue of that dress is so striking!

Wilson said...

hi Leanne :)

glam.spoon said...

I'm holding my breath for the blue fly collection! I wonder if there are obstacles that happen to everybody... it's hard to give up that control of making something yourself, but it's absolutely necessary.

la casita de wendy said...

Hi! i just discovered your blog and your work is amazing!! i really love it, we are fashion designers from spain!!
xo

Joanne Angelina said...

Loving your blog and what you do... great stuff!
x

Avalyn said...

I love the blue dress, looks good on the larger model too! I particularly like what you did with the side draping overlays on the skirt. The zipper scares me but looks really awesome and presents a subtle "naughty" element to an playfully elegant cocktail dress. Oh and did I mention that's one of my favorite colors?

Sheryl W said...

congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks for dropping by! I'm so glad to hear from you again!

MizzJ said...

I just checked out your Etsy store and your designs are awesome! I love that edgy wedding dress and the model in this post is stunning.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)