Sunday, July 12, 2009

so happy together

Today, I reunited with a good old friend. A friend that I had been missing for quite awhile, and didn't realize just how much. We parted ways when I left Portland, and I'd assumed that that was just our fate. Until now. 

Stumptown, how could I ever forget you or try to replace you?! I even gave up coffee after a few months in NY, because even at it's best, it would never measure up to you. Today, when I saw that the cafe down the street was displaying their "Now proudly serving" sign in the window, my heart skipped a beat. 

I'd heard rumors and even read that Stumptown was opening a roastery here, but being the purist and skeptic that I am, I just somehow never thought it would be like the good stuff I know and love. Boy was I wrong.I don't even remember because I am still on a magical 3 hour buzz, but it is quite possible that I skipped and danced all the way to the office today. 

Stumptown, you are not even coffee; you are pure liquid magic. You make me feel like superwoman, a creative visionary genius, and a hummingbird all at once. You practically design all my clothes for me. Stumptown, you complete me.

I know I probably sound like I've got a problem here, but I know to keep it under control and promise not to overdo it. And I know that likely in an hour, I will be found curled up in a pile of bamboo jersey when I crash big time. 

But, sweeeeeeet joy, I am one happy, happy, dancey girl right now!!!

P.S. Portland human-friends, there is no replacement for you guys, so you will also need to relocate here as well.
 

18 comments:

That's MIZZ Gypsy To You! said...

Why, yes, I do just sit in front of the internet some weekends...)

Life without coffee is meaningless. I'm so glad you have good coffee again. (Although Thundermuck from Columbia River Roasters is a little cup of its own kind of heaven. Get someone from out here that you know to send you some. Trust me.

Doody Mac said...

Awesome. Coincidentally I just discovered Cake Shop in LES serves it too, yesterday. My hub and I used to live in Seattle and we'd get a little jealous when friends would mention it. I was in heaven yesterday. It really is the best!

Leanne said...

Cool! Thanks for the tips! :)
I think I'll have to draw up a map of all the locations where I can get my fixes. Incidentally, while googling for images, I stumbled upon a place called Marlow & Daughters in williamsburg that sells Stumptown ice-cream. A little pricy at $9 per pint, but I'd pay anything to enjoy my two loves together like that.

Sheela Goh said...

LOL I feel the same way about certain dishes when I'm not back in Malaysia :)

mandalins4 said...

they also serve it at my favorite bakery, babycakes in the LES. get a cupcake too, they are the best!! vegan, sugar free, gluten-free, etc etc.

chickens and hens said...

i would never judge you...I only feel your pain (life without stumptown) and your joy (life with stumtown) and hope that i will only have to experience the latter and never the former. It's also good newS that I don't have to lug my french press and personal stash when I see you IN 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

glam.spoon said...

I likes my coffee too. But I've never put it into words as eloquently as you.

the lanky dance said...

I'll talk to IKEA about putting up a "Now proudly serving Rob!" sign. we'll work on that. love ya!

jasonmarkjones said...

well said.

i almost moved my family and career to portland for Stumptown (and human friends too)!

Kdavies said...

Read the last paragraph of this post:

http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/study-hall-the-ace-hotels-lobby/

Colleen MacDonald said...

What a wonderful dedication! It gave me a giggle. I guess, not haveing tried Stumpton, I'm still a virgin and don't know what I'm missing, although it seems like a lot!

Anonymous said...

bämm nice blog

love Lars

designani said...

http://petalsandwaves.blogspot.com/

Molly Gertenbach said...

It's a shame... I've always wanted to love coffee so much... The smell of it is amazing, but me and the taste just never quite agreed. I love that little bird logo though!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Camila, I'm from Chile and by the television season 5
proyect runway. Since I began watching the program I loved your
design, your style and your innnovacion. I congratulate you for your work and hope
you can answer this comment.

Toast Jewelry said...

nothing, absolutely nothing will ever beat stumptown... I think I might just have to go get a cup now, mmmm.

Cori Jessy said...

Oh how I miss it. This post made me so happy!

I need to get back up there NOW for my rice milk late and sip it outside in the cool air with my pup curled up at my feet.

Now I'm homesick.

Anonymous said...

Stumptown is the best. Soo good.

Portland misses you too Leanne!!

Check our our cute Portland Street Style blog, I bet you know a few peeps... http://urbanweeds.blogspot.com

hugs.