Tuesday, April 14, 2009

bridal scan

I was invited to be part of a panel discussion on Green Weddings, which was last night.  I quickly whipped up a short green (hemp, organic cotton and silk) wedding dress to bring along. 

One of my goals for this year is to develop a line of mostly sustainable ready to wear bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses. Originally, I never really saw myself as a bridal designer, but lately I've been working on a lot of wedding gowns and it turns out, that it's something I really enjoy designing.  I'm creating a bridal section to my website, which will hopefully be up in the next day or so.

Today, while scanning some forms and documents, I got the idea to scan the dress I made. Still, no fancy, new camera (or fixed), but maybe I don't need one afterall. I love the effect, without any editing whatsoever. I think I'll scan more of my designs in the future!
On another note, the blossoms have FINALLY began to bloom in the trees outside the windows, providing for a great April-backdrop.

Update: I just put up a webpage: leannemarshall.com/bridal

12 comments:

Marbella Designs said...

those fabrics looks yummy!

miettelove said...

Scanners make things appear sort of mysterious when you scan them. The fabric does look yummy!

♥ Chloe said...

Oooh, now I really need to convince hubby that we NEED to renew our vows. Hee hee hee.

Chris Praley said...

Your wedding dress on PR was BEAUTIFUL! I can see why you'd be doing a bunch of wedding gowns lately.

Melissa said...

If I "whipped up" a wedding dress it'd be a bed sheet with head and arm holes. I have a feeling your finished item is much more lovely. :)

to-be-mrs.caballero said...

Are you doing individual designs? Since I saw your wedding dress on PR before I got engaged I was like I have to have my wedding dress made by Leanne!

Betty said...

i loved your wedding gown on PR. maybe i really need 3 dress changes.

love the one you featured on the site too.

Colleen MacDonald said...

Your website is COOL!

liz said...

would you do a custom short wedding dress?!?!?!

...love Maegan said...

GORGEOUS PHOTOS of fabulous fabrics.

lilacpop said...

I love that you are designing green wedding dresses! I am already married but I still love all things wedding-especially unique wedding ideas. Here is mine:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23673045
Janna-LilacPOP
http://lilacpopphotography.etsy.com
http://lilacpop.etsy.com

teresa said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns high quality bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers 2010 new arrivals beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses