Thursday, December 9, 2010

arctic blast 2010

Brrrrrrrr! It's so cold outside in New York today. It's nice just staying in and working from home. Lately, I've been enjoying starting my day by sketching. I have to say, it's been awhile since I've done much sketching (other than rough, little doodles), and I'm loving it! It's quite a nice change from being hunched over a sewing machine all day.

Picture 115

PS Nicole: That's one of your lace swatches in the bottom! Your dress is going to be amazing! I can't wait to do it! :)

PPS to everyone else: I'm selling off some of these sketches on my Etsy page now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Just snapped up your two sketches on Etsy - I'm so excited to have original Leanne sketches. Can't wait to hang them on the wall of my office @ work so that I can be inspired to get the heck out of there and into a fashion-related field!! :)

Leanne said...

Thanks so much, Melanie!
I'm honored to have them on your wall as your inspiration and motivation.
Those will be sent today. Happy Holidays! :)

C said...

I love this sketch! Will you be putting up more on your shop?

Anonymous said...

Lovelovelove seeing the illustrations your pieces are based on. So much so that I blogged one of them yesterday!

http://icovetandwant.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/fashion-illustration-leanne-marshall/

And there are these, too, from past collections: http://icovetandwant.wordpress.com/?s=leanne+marshall

Hungarican Chick said...

Sure puts Portland's 'winter blasts' into perspective, doesn't it? Always cracks me up when the local TV stations go all ape for a little ice and a few inches of snow. Next to the Northeast, they have nothing to whine about... AND there's no using studded tires there.

chickens and hens said...

so excited! sue is in town this week so i will get her to take my measurements and send them to you!