Sunday, May 9, 2010

even better

Well, as much fun as it was to try on my clothes and snap pictures, I have to say I much rather leave it to a professional model and take my place behind the camera instead. Here are a couple of shots from a shoot that I just did on Friday. My good friend, Nathan, did the makeup. I did the hair, and was our photographer. Most of the credit can go to our model, though. She was fantastic!


I'm really loving playing the role of photographer lately. It motivates me to make more things, simply for the enjoyment of later shooting them on a model. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the creative process because I can step back admire the finished product. I've always had the tendency to think about how something will be photographed while I'm creating it, so it's sort of fun for me to be the one to do it sometimes.

More pictures to come!

6 comments:

fearless10 said...

i love to take the pictures too, Leanne. but still, that dress looks amazing on you :P

Seslimeydan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Valentina Monardes said...

You did an amazing job like the designer, like the model, and now like the photographer, congrats Leanne!. I really love the second picture, I think that the light in the model made that she looks like an angel or something like that, again congratulations

Unknown said...

I have to say, I was a huge fan when you were on PR and have become an even bigger admirer since then. This dress is stunning! I was looking at this post when my husband walked into the room. He glanced over my shoulder and said, "Wow, that's gorgeous!" - so you win the tough-guy handyman vote, too ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Too bad it wasnt last August, would have been so lovely as my wedding dress!!!!

theMayflower said...

this is so pretty! i love the detailing of the entire dress.