Monday, May 3, 2010

part two



Here are some shots of the bridesmaids dresses that I also did. Unfortunately, I didn't really get any good shots of them on the girls because I used up all my memory card space on shots of the bride and her dress at the wedding.

This is probably the only exception to my "I don't do bridesmaids, too" rule. And it got reinforced after this time, because though even with the best of intentions to have this dress done by a place I've used before for production, too many things went wrong and they got very delayed, so that I pretty much ended up making six of these myself. That beautiful Italian satin-faced silk organza and I were not the best of friends in the beginning, but in the end I won the fight and was pretty happy with them.

I ended up ordering more of this material because I fell in love with it, so be on the lookout for some things out of it in the future. (my Etsy, later today) ;)

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

This is a lovely post!! I adore the wedding dress you made it's simply magical and beautiful!
Hope you have a lovely Monday!
Xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Miss Soggy Smog said...

Oh Leanne. You are so talented, and such a good friend to the lovely bride. The bridesmaid look is fabulous. Someone needs to gift you about a million memory cards so this never happens to us readers again ;P

Cheers,
Smog

THERishouldbeAPY said...

You are A-MAZING Leanne!!! Your talent is unparalleled, truly. The dresses were so whimsically romantic... I ♥ it ALL!!!

Please continue making these wonderful creations!!!

TisbA

Ross said...

that's a really cute dress, one that does not turn the bride into a liar when she says "...and the best part, you can still wear it after the wedding!!"

Anonymous said...

wow! they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
ana
www.diarteknitwear.blogspot.com

Valentina Monardes said...

I promise, someday, I do not care how, I'll buy one -or more *.*- dress made by you, Leanne, I do not mind the cost or time or country ... really! I want every dress you've done, are truly amazing.

Beth Heaney said...

Beautiful! Cant wait to buy one of your pieces!
Remember me? Intern summer 09

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

But they turned out SO beautiful.

marcy harriell | oonaballoona said...

i am taking a teeny break from holiday craziness and found your blog through an old grosgrain post... i've only had a minute drool over your creations, just had to tell you they are STUNNING!