Wednesday, December 10, 2008

craziest week ever

Oh Dear Jerell,
 I've had the most insanely busy few weeks, yet you kept calling me pretty much everyday, talking me into getting you dresses for your boutique opening tonight. Yeah, EVERY day. More than a bill collector, even! They call too, but not as much as you. Well, I cranked out a few beauties quickly, ran to the post office and got them on the right truck just barely in time.  

Only for you, Jerell, because I love you. I hope your boutique opening tonight is a huge success! And send this brotha a check once they sell because I am hurtin' for one!

Here's a sneak peek at a blinding hot-pink cocktail dress that I had a hard time parting with. It's only a peek, but you'll see more of it later. I know...me and hot pink? Wha...?? The others were all gray, though, to compensate.
Update: I can't find a website for it, but here's a link with the address. Go visit!

11 comments:

jetterz said...

love the dress! hot pink suits it so well :)

MeganDean said...

This is beautiful - as always! Hopefully Jerell will have some pictures to share of his opening night!! *and your dress, flying off the rack!*

Valerie Rojas Braverman said...

it's hard to believe that YOU are having a hard time making some dough with those dresses of yours.

Leanne said...

Thanks, Valerie!
It's not so much that I can't sell anything, as it is that I'm taking time away to design the next collection. Plus....still waiting on that big ol' check in order to get production going. I spend every penny I make on buying new fabrics and then I make it all myself still. One day, one day.... ;)

Myra - twigs and honey said...

Does Jerell's shop have a website/contact info? How exciting. Love that cocktail dress! Hope all is well with you! Happy Holidays! Hopefully, you'll get time off for a bit of holiday vacation. Aw~ the joy of being self-employed!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that I don't live there!

And don't worry, you'll be living the life of luxury soon, Leanne--you're so talented!

auggie rebelo said...

wow. your dress looks amazing leanne. i should start doing drag, or something, cuz i love that dress!

K said...

aahh!!! so excited to see the dress fully done! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Leanne, Your pink dress is gorgeous and I'm in love with it. The link for the Boutique is www.janedoejohndoe.com. I work in the boutique as a stylist and wrote about the party and your dress on my blog, www.devonpoer.blogspot.com. I'll keep you updated on your pieces in the store.

Thanks,
Devon Poer

Unknown said...

Hey Leanne,

Send me an email at the boutiques email address so I can give you more details on your dresses. Janedoejohndoeboutique@gmail.com. Good luck with the move!!

Devon

glam.spoon said...

I love the upwards ruffle at the waist. unexpected...